Date:      Sat, 06 Oct 2012 14:02:02 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [CHANGE PROPOSAL] Moving WWW from pkg-descr to Makefile

On 10/06/2012 01:04, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> Concerning the bpm, I have removed more old things and useless tests from it
> that I have added!

I haven't done a line by line count, but even if you're right, that
doesn't help when the code you add is so inefficient. For example, you
still haven't fixed this mess for PKGCONFIG:

.if ${USE_PKGCONFIG:L} == yes
USE_PKGCONFIG=  build
.endif

instead of just using:

.if ${USE_PKGCONFIG:L} == yes || ${USE_PKGCONFIG:L} == build

I pointed that out to you shortly after you committed it in July. And
no, don't bother with your typical "send a patch" response. I already
told you I'm not going to waste my time sending patches for trivial
items to fix your code.

> and if people were actively working on switching there ports
> to the new option framework then the fallback code could be removed and this
> will speed up lots of operations.

I have no intention of inflicting the new OPTIONS on my users until it's
fully backwards compatible (as you promised on day 1) and bug free for a
while. You've only just this week gotten around to fixing command line
compatibility, so let's wait and see how that pans out.

--

    I am only one, but I am one.  I cannot do everything, but I can do
    something.  And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what