Date:      Sun, 16 May 1999 00:26:34 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        FreeBSD-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   DK440LX config file

I'm moving my main platform from a Tyan Titan 2 to an Intel DK440LX.
The Intel DK440LX motherboard has 2 PII 333MHz processors paying rent,
but it's got a couple of onboard peripherals that make me want to go
prospecting here to see if anyone else, who runs the DK440LX, could ship
me their config file (the whole thing) so I can mine out the parts
dealing with the disk controller, the sound, and the network interface.

This has been a real easy move so far, 'cause I was able to trash the
other machine's disks (Solaris, I don't need you anymore!), but it means
I have to physically swap disks to get the new kernel moved, so I'm kind
of hung up, I sure don't want to have to swap back and forth for testing
purposes.  Otherwise, I would just use a generic kernel, and test my
heart out.

Finally junking the NCR875 controller.  That's maybe a little harsh
(it's been a steady performer) but the new one, with dual independent
scsi buses (not electrically linked, really independent) makes be into
somewhat of a snob, huh?

chuckr@picnic.mat.net       | communications topic, C programming, and Unix.
213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (Solaris7(RIP) --> ???).