Date:      Mon, 20 Aug 2012 01:40:47 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Dominic Fandrey <kamikaze@bsdforen.de>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [CFT] TexLive port

On 08/20/2012 01:23, Dominic Fandrey wrote:
> I have run into problems with portmaster. The problem is that it doesn't
> check whether a dependency is satisfied. It just goes ahead and installs
> them.
>
> I think a dependency like:
>     latex:${PORTSDIR}/print/teTeX-base
>
> shouldn't cause portmaster to install teTeX-base. Not if a latex
> binary is already available.

Portmaster doesn't handle dependencies that way, it relies on the port
authors to register CONFLICTS. If you have installed a port that
installs a latex binary it and teTeX-base should have CONFLICTS
registered against each other.

Doug

--

    I am only one, but I am one.  I cannot do everything, but I can do
    something.  And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what