Date:      Thu, 8 Apr 2004 02:57:51 +0200
From:      Josef El-Rayes <josef@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Alexey Zelkin <phantom@FreeBSD.org.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [call for participation] contributor needed

--rwEMma7ioTxnRzrJ

Alexey Zelkin <phantom@FreeBSD.org.ua> wrote:
> 1. Split/add following information into separate entries
>    (for each company):  contact email, phone, fax, etc?  And print
>    it each on new line after printing of company description.  All these
>    entries should be optional.

i will add these. good idea.

> 2. Add "product" entity.  I.e. each company may have "company description"
>    and "few" products.  Each "product" should have name, description,
>    web reference, and email.
> 3. Each company need to have internal (i.e. not published on site) inform=
ation
>    about contact person and last updated date.
> 4. It would be nice to have "by product" listing generated as well.
> 5. Consulting vendors should be divided into "countries", not "continents=
".

hmm, dont you think this is overkill? i am not sure if this is maintainable.
does it really make sense to list and maintain all these details?

> Then we need to contact all companies got listed on the site in order to
> request updating/reviewing information there.  If company is "died", it
> should be removed from site.  This is most complex and longer task, but
> we have to do it anyway.

i agree, this should be done regularly.

> PS: I also think we need to slowly start with conversion.

i'll show you my patches before committing. thanks for
your advices.

greets, josef
--=20
Josef El-Rayes                   (__)