Date:      Mon, 17 Jun 2002 10:31:18 -0400
From:      Chad Hall <biswick@blearg.org>
To:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sun's Openfirm white screen question

I'm not sure if this is the answer you're looking for, but this will give you
white on black text on the console instead of black on white.  This works with
Solaris, not sure how well it'll work with FreeBSD.

Ok, I still haven't figured out why my xterms are busted and can't paste, so
you don't get the whole rc.d script.  Here's the meat of it anyway:

white on boack:
echo "\033[q\c" > /dev/console

black on white:
echo "\033[p\c" > /dev/console

No idea what does the actual interpretation of the codes, if it's Solaris
driver, you're probably still stuck.  If the framebuffer does the work it
should be ok.

Chad.

--
                      Chad Hall  - -  biswick@blearg.org
    The Unofficial .signature Of The 2002 Winter Olympics In Salt Lake City