Date:      Tue, 27 Jan 1998 23:40:09 -0800
From:      Studded <Studded@san.rr.com>
To:        "Steve W. Heistand" <heistand@nas.nasa.gov>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ipfw Q

Steve W. Heistand wrote:

> Has anyone seend this/ know a fix for it?:
> %ipfw list (or any other ipfw command)
> ipfw: getsockopt(IP_FW_GET): Invalid argument

	I've seen this error with a working ipfw configuration when I didn't su
first. Looking at the prompt in your example, it seems that might be the
problem. Otherwise, the other response is correct, it's not built into
your kernel. Read the man page for ipfw *carefully*. :)

Good luck,

Doug

--
*** Proud operator, designer and maintainer of the world's largest
*** Internet Relay Chat server.  5,120 clients and still growing.