Date:      Mon, 12 Mar 2001 18:26:02 -0500
From:      Peter Labrinos <labrinop@vaniercollege.qc.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   using ipfw to redir to proxy

  I have a one-sided firewall controlling access for a large and widely
dispersed community. Is there someway that if a packet matches a given
rule, I can replace it's destination ip to another fixed ip?
ie:  if the packet matches rule
    tcp from 10.1.15.0/24 to any 80
    change the 'any' to 10.1.1.13 (which is the address of a proxy
server)
This is allow the firewall to forward http requests without requiring
the client to enable proxy settings.