Date:      Wed, 20 Nov 2002 13:17:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
To:        Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NetBSD ftpd security advisory

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Steve Kargl wrote:

> NetBSD.org has a security advisory about potential problems with their
> ftpd.  If this is part of lukemftp, then the issue of removing/updating
> lukemftp needs to be addressed for FreeBSD 5.0 RELEASE.
>
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/security/advisories/NetBSD-SA2002-027.txt.asc

Lukemftpd's build and install has been unplugged from the 5.0-CURRENT and
4.x-STABLE branches, so other than the fact that we ship the source, it's
somewhat addressed.  Mail has been sent to the security-officer, so
hopefully we'll know soon whether the lukemftpd shipped with 4.7 was
vulnerable.

robert@fledge.watson.org      Network Associates Laboratories