Date:      Thu, 29 Mar 2001 17:20:23 +0200
From:      Danny Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help with 4.3-RC1 / ports

In message <20010329025354.A18861@xor.obsecurity.org>you write:
}
}--tKW2IUtsqtDRztdT
}
}On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 12:29:55PM +0200, Danny Braniss wrote:
}
}> }Please post the output of env(1) when run as root (i.e. such that a
}> }port built with that environment will fail).
}> }
}> }Kris
}>=20
}> i've tried vanilla root, danny, from the console, telneting instead of rs=
}h,=20
}> but
}> the result is the same. I just ran a make -d A and here is the diff -ru:
}
}I didn't ask for make -d A, I asked for env(1) ;-)
}
}Kris

ok, the problem was that /usr/obj & WRKDIRPREFIX (in /etc/make.conf) where
pointing to the same place.

thanks to all who tried to help, at least it confirmed that the problem was
here - what else is new?

danny