Date:      Sat, 25 Feb 2012 23:02:23 +0900
From:      Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Device detected as umass, but not attaching via CAM

I'm a bit at a loss to debug this, so any help would be appreciated. My
camera used to connect to FreeBSD -CURRENT until summer or so, but now
doesn't get detected as a CAM device (I've also seen this with a Sony
memory stick). When I attach it, I get:

ugen6.2: <NIKON> at usbus6
umass0: <NIKON NIKON DSC D50, class 0/0, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 2> on usbus6

but no daX line.

Here's some more info from usbconfig, though probably of dubious utility.

# usbconfig -u 6 -a 2 dump_device_desc
ugen6.2: <NIKON DSC D50 NIKON> at usbus6, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=HIGH
(480Mbps) pwr=ON

   bLength = 0x0012
   bDescriptorType = 0x0001
   bcdUSB = 0x0200
   bDeviceClass = 0x0000
   bDeviceSubClass = 0x0000
   bDeviceProtocol = 0x0000
   bMaxPacketSize0 = 0x0040
   idVendor = 0x04b0
   idProduct = 0x0409
   bcdDevice = 0x0100
   iManufacturer = 0x0001  <NIKON>
   iProduct = 0x0002  <NIKON DSC D50>
   iSerialNumber = 0x0000  <no string>
   bNumConfigurations = 0x0001

Any ideas where to look further or things to try? My kernel is FreeBSD
10.0-CURRENT #17 r231915 on amd64.
-Nathan