Date:      Fri, 20 Jul 2001 09:03:27 -0400
From:      "Peter Pflaum" <wiredbrain@earthlink.net>
To:        "The Rev. John Liebler" <frjohn@cfl.rr.com>
Subject:   Re: CNN.com - Sen. Frist backs embryonic stem cell research - July 19, 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "The Rev. John Liebler" <frjohn@cfl.rr.com>
To: "Peter Pflaum" <wiredbrain@earthlink.net>
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2001 10:03 PM
Subject: CNN.com - Sen. Frist backs embryonic stem cell research - July 19,
2001

> These seem reasonable enough, don't they?

No maybe 8 of the 10 but these rules come from transplants of the spare
parts of brain dead people to others that need them. It assumes that all
human living matter, protoplasm, bioplasm, ectoplasm, tissue, living tissue
macromolecule, bioplast cell, unicellular organism, have a soul, spirit -
true of frogs and fish and our poodles ?  How about blood donors ? The
problems is with No. 2 - we can use them but we can't be involved with
derivation -but can use them.

The goal here is to produce cells on a large scale that will replace ones
that are not working - cloning of cells not people ( putting DNA from the
patient into the cells so they fit better )  many cells lines need to exist
because these cells reproduce endlessly while adult cells do not. BUT we can
agree on this and move on. As soon as there are active treatments for major
problems it can't be put back in the bottle. America is not the world and it
will spread at the speed of light. I don't know how the drug companies will
control cells but they will figure out a way.