Date:      Fri, 21 Nov 1997 11:47:30 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Serious performance issue with 2.2.5-RELEASE

> In defense of Jaye, let's say he did bring in a spare PC, loaded it up
> with 2.2.5 and it worked fine in his 'fake' load environment.  But, when
> he moved it into 'real' production use, it started seeing those kinds of
> problems.  Would his problem be taken more seriously then?

His problem would be taken seriously in either case, but in the 2nd
scenario we'd also have time to investigate it without having to
listen to his dire predictions of impending business failure at the
same time. :-) I understand that some problems don't show up until you
load test, but at the same time you need to be able to service your
customers on whatever platform *worked* last while you go back to the
drawing board, so to speak, and try to figure out why your migration
failed.

					Jordan