Date:      Mon, 30 Nov 1998 13:09:22 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Kesuki@yahoo.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: trouble configuring local network...

Ryan wrote:

> I've tried everything I can think of... here are the msgs and the configs
> i have and think may help.
>
> > netstat -r
> Routing tables
>
> Internet:
> Destination        Gateway            Flags     Refs     Use     Netif
> default            209.180.227.6      UGSc        2        0      tun0
> localhost          localhost          UH          0        4       lo0
> 192.168.1          link#1             UC          0        0
> 209.180.227.6      209.180.227.215    UH          3        0      tun0

You are aware that you cannot route a private, i.e. 192.168.xx.xx, IP
network to the internet?  You will need to enable Netword Address
Translation on your router box.  Since you are using the user-mode
PPP utility, you can have PPP do this for you; read the ppp(8) man
page.

You didn't include your PPP configuration, so I can't tell if you're
already doing this or not.

--
             Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                                     +1.801.915.2061
Softweyr LLC                                                  wes@softweyr.com