Date:      Mon, 20 May 2019 14:27:59 -0700
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com>
To:        Mori Hiroki <yamori813@yahoo.co.jp>
Cc:        "freebsd-mips@freebsd.org" <freebsd-mips@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How to get flash address on dts?

hi! Er, this is a very old email. :-)

On Wed, 12 Sep 2018 at 03:28, Mori Hiroki <yamori813@yahoo.co.jp> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I modify forked Ralink WiFi driver.
>
> I want get eeprom data offset in flash.
>
> For example.
>
> https://github.com/yamori813/freebsd/blob/zrouter/sys/dts/mips/WN-G300DGR.dts
>

> I want get "ralink,mtd-eeprom" value at wmac that is 0x1f040000.
>
> How to get in driver ?
>
> If you have suggestion, pelase let me know.

Did you solve this already?

I needed a super early driver that was called in ar71xx land before
the flash addressing was remapped into a normal NOR flash device. It
extracted out the calibration images and exposed them as firmware
blobs that can be then accessed via named firmware_get() calls. So now
all (i think!) of the ar71xx chips and the ath driver can now access
their calibration data /after/ the system has booted, allowing me to
use ath modules.

-adrian