Date:      Mon, 1 Jun 1998 10:04:38 +0200 (CEST)
From:      hm@kts.org (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG (ISDN for BSD)
Subject:   Re: i4b not working

Harold Gutch wrote:

> Well, perhaps I am mistaken in this case, but isdntrace works
> perfectly - doesnt that mean that the settings mentioned above
> are OK ?

No. In case isdntrace works, the only thing which _really_ works is
incoming ISAC (D-channel handling) interrupts (and data).

The outgoing data isdntrace displays might never go to the wire.

> BTW, could the flags cause any problems ?

The flags specify the type of card.

> Are they documented
> somewhere ?

man isic

> > What kind of motherboard do you have (there were reports of "old" PCI
> > motherboards with difficulties with Teles cards in the ISA slots).
> >
> It's a Gigabyte HX 512 board.

Hmm. I have one of those too.

I have no ideas anymore what it could be.

Its time for a detailed debugging session. In case you want to send me the
machine, i'll do it, otherwise you are the only one being able to fix it.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                hm@kts.org                   Hamburg, Europe
  A duck is like a bicycle because they both have two wheels except the duck