Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2000 16:26:45 +1200
From:      Dave Preece <dave.preece@kbgroup.co.nz>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Quickie: C++ statically linked into kernel?

I'm writing some C++ code that currently uses divert sockets off the
firewall and for performance reasons moving the code kernel mode is looking
like a (long term) good idea.

The question is: Should I bite the bullet and start writing in pure C now
(and therefore save pain later)? Can I just provide an API using extern "C"
and link it in (with some calling functions in ipfw.c, of course)? Would an
lkm be the best way to go?

Cheers,
Dave :)