Date:      Thu, 18 Jun 1998 18:05:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dave Cole <dacole@netcom.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Rolling CAM in, what is still needed?

On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:

-Cory Kempf wrote...
-> What is still needed before the CAM stuff can become part of the main
-> body of code?  At least w.r.t. -current?
-
-	More hardware support, including:
-
-	- Adaptec 1542 (Brian Beattie is working on this)
-	- Adaptec 1742 (Justin said he started on this)
-	- Adaptec AIC-6260 and 6360

While we are here, anyone heard of an Adaptec AHA-1535A?  It seems to
be based upon an AIC-7970Q.  This is an ISA narrow scsi card with the
typical internal 50 pin connector and an external 'SCSI-2' 50 pin
connector.

Noone here is terribly sure where this card came from.  Probably an
OEM card that shipped with one of our cd burners.

A coworker tried using this card with fbsd-2.2.5 but found it
seemingly unsupported.  I haven't tried it yet since I can't find any
reference to it anywhere within any version of FreeBSD.

-	- Better NCR support (810's don't work too well, I think)

Is this currently true?  I haven't heard too much on this.

Dave Cole (DC1110)                     |        dacole@netcom.ca
Systems Administrator                  |*       dacole@rik.net *
                                       |         office/~dacole/
Netcom Canada                          |* www.rik.net/~dacole/ *
905 King Street West, Toronto, M6K 3G9 |    phone - 416.341.5801
Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Earth, Sol   |      fax - 416.341.5725