Date:      Tue, 1 Feb 2000 16:14:07 -0000
From:      Rob Carmichael <robc@globalvc.co.uk>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   question about (missing ?) script

hello,

Yesterday i installed freebsd3.4 from ftp.uk.freebsd.org ... the install
went well as the box is working... But one think puzzles me above all else.
when i attempted to run "locate", it said something about the database being
too small, i just assumed this is because the install is so new that
"/etc/weekly" hasn't had a chance to run yet, but to my horror "weekly" was
not in /etc. And i can't find it since locate doesn't yet work.
So today i copied the /etc/weekly script from a different box
(freebsd2.2.8). And ran that, and i can now locate... but my question(s)
are:

1) Why wasn't there a script called "weekly" in the /etc dir ?
2) The fact that the script was missing was due to "weekly" being missing
right ?
3) Is it ok to continue to use the "weekly" script from the 2.2.8 machine on
the 3.4 box ? (if not where do i get the new "weekly" ?
4) What went wrong ?

thankyou inm advance for any help you may be able to give,
regards,
rob carmichael