Date:      Wed, 28 Oct 2009 17:08:42 +0100
From:      Patrick Proniewski <patpro@patpro.net>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   ZFS licensing question

--Apple-Mail-11--733951134

Hello,

Well, I understand this list is mainly interested in implementation
and tuning, but I'm sure some of you are well informed about licensing
issues.
Recently, Apple giving up on ZFS has made the headlines. *It appears*
to be related to the NetApp vs. Sun case (<http://www.netapp.com/us/company/news/press-releases/news_rel_20070905.html
 >). And *it appears* Sun tried to impose a license that would make
Apple responsible for IP infringement in case Sun would lose against
NetApp.

It makes me wonder about the FreeBSD port of ZFS. Do you have further
informations about the licensing of ZFS technology, and about the case
of FreeBSD port ?

regards,
patpro

--Apple-Mail-11--733951134--