Date:      Fri, 09 Dec 2005 10:08:11 +0100
From:      Christian Brueffer <chris@unixpages.org>
To:        Andrew Korff <uncletime@gmail.com>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Regarding Handbook Section 16.14...

--3siQDZowHQqNOShm

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 08:06:28PM -0800, Andrew Korff wrote:
> I don't know if this is the appropriate address to send this sort of thing
> to, but I wanted to suggest regarding the section of the FreeBSD Handbook
> concerning File System Quotas (16.14).  In 16.14.1, when describing how to
> configure your system for quotas, it suggests setting" check_quotas" to "=
NO"
> in /etc/rc.conf for faster booting, but then later states that quota.grou=
pand
> quota.user will automatically be created by /etc/rc when you reboot after
> setting up quotas.  I think some mention should be made of the fact that =
if
> you set "check_quotas" to "NO", /etc/rc will NOT automatically create tho=
se
> files for you; that you should enable it for the first reboot, and can
> disable it after that.   This seems to me to be an important distinction,=
 as
> users might, as I did, think they should manually create those files, whi=
ch
> can have unpredictable consequences.
>=20

Hmm, could you propose am enhancement of the text you'd like to see
committed?

> Let me know if I should send this suggestion to another address.
>=20

No, exactly the right address for something like this.

- Christian

--=20
Christian Brueffer	chris@unixpages.org	brueffer@FreeBSD.org
GPG Key:	 http://people.freebsd.org/~brueffer/brueffer.key.asc
GPG Fingerprint: A5C8 2099 19FF AACA F41B  B29B 6C76 178C A0ED 982D

--3siQDZowHQqNOShm

--3siQDZowHQqNOShm--