Date:      Mon, 22 Feb 1999 20:24:29 -0800
From:      "Dan O'Connor" <dan@jgl.reno.nv.us>
To:        "A.K" <blorb@biosys.net>, "Randy A. Katz" <randyk@ccsales.com>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: This sucks!

Randy A. Katz wrote:

>You really should have given the $40.00 to me, downloaded the distribution
>through the 'net...and then gotten help from the list. Then, after 1-2
>years, you would realize what you were actually playing with, start to
>enjoy it, and order a subscription for life because you ended up loving it
>so much and you wanted to support the FreeBSD Project.

1-2 years? I've been playing with FreeBSD for only 3 months and I'm sold!
Makes Windows 95/98 (for which I was a big booster) look pretty pathetic...

And yes, I already have a subscription to WC.

My advice to A.K. is this: Eight hours isn't enough; the learning curve is
steep. But the climb is fun. Calm down, and tell us exactly what went wrong.
You've got plenty of people out here willing to help you.

--Dan

**  The thing I like most about Windows 98 is...
**  You can download FreeBSD with it!