Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 1995 10:33:24 +0100 (MET)
From:      roberto@blaise.ibp.fr (Ollivier Robert)
To:        davidg@Root.COM
Cc:        peter@bonkers.taronga.com, terry@cs.weber.edu, hasty@star-gate.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Why IDE is bad

>    It's the metadata I/O that we're talking about. ...and yes, the process
> will definately see it if the operation involves lots of file creates. It is
> inherently unsafe to do metadata I/O asynchronously, which is why the manual
> page says:

Yeah, we all know that but ext2fs is doing it for ages now and they
don't have that much more problem with it... It would be great if
it worked (for the news spool for example).
--
Ollivier ROBERT     -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-     roberto@FreeBSD.ORG
   FreeBSD keltia 2.1.0-Development #1: Mon Mar  6 23:55:18 MET 1995