Date:      Mon, 3 Feb 2003 14:21:43 -0500
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@online.fr>
To:        Alexandr Kovalenko <never@nevermind.kiev.ua>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dillon@'s commit bit: I object

Alexandr Kovalenko <never@nevermind.kiev.ua> wrote:
> I don't think that reason for removing dillon@'s commit bit is very
> secret. Why it was not publishied, only Message-Id: from closed
> developers@ list?

While I hate to pick up on a topic first posted by the project's pet
troll, I have to second Alexandr here.  As a longtime user I certainly
want to know: what's going on?

Dillon isn't any ordinary committer -- he is perhaps the guy most
responsible for making FreeBSD 4.x the most rugged and stress-proof
free operating system in existence.  (Not to mention his indirect
contributions to fixing the linux VM: his reputation extends beyond
FreeBSD.)  The mailing list archives offer no clue.  Surely some
explanation, and not just to developers@, is required when his name is
scratched out.

- Rahul