Date:      Sat, 18 Mar 2000 20:33:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        FreeBSD-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   controller

I've decided to get myself a couple of the new IBM 18G LVD scsi drives, to
push away the storage demon (demon, NOT daemon!) a couple more
years.  Seeing as I'm going LVD in a big way, I can't hold on to my
current controller, an NCR875.  Anyone got an idea what's the best current
mfr/model for a reasonably good LVD controller?  I know the NCR 896 is
supposed to be LVD, but I can't find anyone selling one, so I have to look
to some other brand, I guess.

I just want the model name, I'll worry about finding the deal myself
(unless you have it right at hand).  Oh, yeah, I'm doing this for myself,
not a company, I'm NOT interested in any kind of RAID controller, I don't
care how good a deal it might be.

Chuck Robey            | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
chuckr@picnic.mat.net  | electronics, communications, and signal processing.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary.