Date:      Tue, 14 Oct 2003 22:42:19 +0000
From:      Michal Pasternak <michal@pasternak.w.lub.pl>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   mplayer

Hi,

I suppose, that we all like to watch movies in divx format - or share short
.avis or .mpegs among our friends. As I recall, I've seen many cases, that
Windows user was either unable to watch the movie I've sent/borrowed to
him/her or had many problems with installing correct codecs (or even finding
them).

Did you have similar experiences? If the answer is "yes" - well, here's one
more point for "FreeBSD on desktop" advocates: users encounter less problems
with movies while running FreeBSD.

I know, that mplayer runs on variety of *nix operating systems, but - who
cares... we don't have to say that :) What do you think?

Regards,
--
Michal Pasternak :: http://pasternak.w.lub.pl