Date:      14 Jul 2002 10:50:54 +0100
From:      Stacey Roberts <sroberts@dsl.pipex.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Cannot start bind in samdbox?

--=-upwSgPQL5yO989SsKZcq

Hello,
     I'm trying to set named up on a box here, following the handbook as
well as FBSD Unleashed - but I cannot seem to get bind started and going
in a sandbox.

This is the error I keep getting:
# /usr/sbin/named -u bind -g bind -t /etc/namedb/s/
can't open '/etc/namedb/named.conf'
#

And is I try another way:
# ndc -c /etc/namedb/s/var/run/ndc start
ndc: error: name server has not started (yet?)
#

Anyone able to help with this, please?

Stacey
--=20
Stacey Roberts B.Sc. (HONS) Computer Science
Network Systems Engineer

--=-upwSgPQL5yO989SsKZcq

--=-upwSgPQL5yO989SsKZcq--