Date:      Thu, 2 Dec 1999 06:48:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   HEADS UP! device_add_child() change.

I'm going to be committing the changes to eliminate the 'ivars' arguement
to device_add_child(), and device_add_child_ordered().  The functionality
will be provided by device_set_ivars().

I've got a go-ahead from Doug and Peter but as this change touches many
files I'd like to give other driver maintainers a chance to assimilate the
relevent portions of my patch into their own trees.

The files I'm going to be touching follow.

The patch is
at:  ftp://ftp.jurai.net/users/winter/patches/device_add_child.diff

Please note that the device_set_ivars() function is not present in this
patch.  I will add this manually to sys/kern/subr_bus.c before I commit,
as well as the changes to the man page.

I will be committing this in 12 hours or so.

alpha/alpha/autoconf.c
alpha/pci/apecs.c
alpha/pci/apecs_pci.c
alpha/pci/cia.c
alpha/pci/cia_pci.c
alpha/pci/lca.c
alpha/pci/lca_pci.c
alpha/pci/tsunami.c
alpha/pci/tsunami_pci.c
alpha/tc/ioasic.c
alpha/tc/tc.c
alpha/tc/tcasic.c
alpha/tc/tcds.c
alpha/tlsb/gbus.c
alpha/tlsb/kftxx.c
alpha/tlsb/tlsb.c
alpha/tlsb/zs_tlsb.c
dev/amr/amr.c
dev/bktr/bktr_i2c.c
dev/ida/ida.c
dev/iicbus/iicbus.c
dev/iicbus/iiconf.c
dev/mca/mca_bus.c
dev/mii/mii.c
dev/mlx/mlx.c
dev/pccard/pccard.c
dev/pcic/i82365.c
dev/ppbus/lpbb.c
dev/smbus/smbconf.c
dev/smbus/smbus.c
dev/sound/isa/gusc.c
dev/sound/isa/sbc.c
dev/sound/pci/csa.c
dev/usb/usb_subr.c
i386/eisa/eisaconf.c
i386/i386/autoconf.c
i386/i386/nexus.c
i386/isa/pcf.c
i386/isa/pcibus.c
isa/atkbdc_isa.c
isa/fd.c
isa/isa_common.c
isa/vga_isa.c
kern/subr_bus.c
pc98/pc98/fd.c
pccard/pccard.c
pccard/pcic.c
pci/alpm.c
pci/intpm.c
pci/ohci_pci.c
pci/pci.c
pci/pcisupport.c
pci/uhci_pci.c
sys/bus.h

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |