Date:      Wed, 07 Mar 2001 22:53:22 +1100
From:      Danny Greschke <dgres@dingoblue.net.au>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPFilter doing wacky things after recompiled kernel today

This will probably be something stupid.
But after a recompiled kernel today IPFilter started doing some damn weird
stuff.

Firstly (and yes, I'm a newbie) the last kernel build of 4.2 I did on this
machine was a month ago, and now it seems that everything is being loaded
as modules or something ? Plus now it's apparently version 4.3-Beta ? I
guess they're side questions, anyway.

So I load my ipf ruleset only to find that all my pass/block in's are being
registered as pass/block out's.

Like, if the only rule I had in my ruleset was 'pass in all'. I'll flush,
and 'ipfstat -i' says that I have no input rules specified, but 'ipfstat
-o' says that I have 1 rule, "pass out all" loaded.

I have no idea how this is happening or what's causing it.
Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

Thanks,

Danny Greschke