Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2007 01:05:55 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Pascal Hofstee <caelian@gmail.com>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libintl.so.8 causes SIGABORT in update-desktop-database

--=-KnoeV8oNrd0Xy2AUiZtv

On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 07:26 +0100, Pascal Hofstee wrote:
> After the recent gettext update ... some ports now refuse to update
> because during the port upgrade phase update-desktop-database is
> dumping core. I checked that the binary in question is installed by
> the gnome-desktop-file-utils ports so i figured i should probably try
> to start looking there. The following is a core dump of
> update-desktop-database generated during the make reinstall phase:
> (this backtrace was built using libthr ... libpthread causes the same
> breakage)

The backtrace points to a threading problem:

  if (pthread_mutex_init (&lock->recmutex, &attributes) !=3D 0)
    abort ();

Any chance you are still mixing libpthread and libthr?  Others have
reported a crash in update-desktop-database after the gettext update,
but I have been unable to reproduce on my -CURRENT system (even with
malloc debugging and non-C locales).

Joe

--=20

--=-KnoeV8oNrd0Xy2AUiZtv