Date:      Wed, 20 Feb 2002 22:18:30 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kip Macy <kmacy@netapp.com>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm-dated-1014702769.63643f@mired.org>
Cc:        David Xu <davidx@viasoft.com.cn>, Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, "Danny J. Zerkel" <dzerkel@columbus.rr.com>, Aleksander Rozman - Andy <andy@kksonline.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Clearcase and FreeBSD

Bitkeeper is not closed source, and is freely available so long as you use open
logging. I haven't used bitkeeper on projects with more than a couple people so
I'm not in a position to comment on how well it scales. However, perforce is
what is used at NetApp (several hundreds of developers with ~12 LOD) and I have
to say that I prefer Bitkeeper. The interface is more intuitive, extensible, and
seems to require less kludging.

				-Kip