Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2006 08:14:22 +0100
From:      Geoff Buckingham <Geoff.Buckingham@reuters.com>
To:        Anders Nordby <anders@FreeBSD.org>, Stefan Hauser <etienne@usr.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-proliant@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Compaq DL 360 SMP problem (was: i386/89545: Compaq DL 360 ACPI boot problem)

I seem to recall later versions of the DL360 BIOS allow you to make
limited changes without the smartstart EISA tools partition or CD.

You can use dmidecode from ports to read a lot of useful information,
including BIOS version from a running machine. (Also serial numbers,
DIMM configuration, helpful for co-located machines)

The FreeBSD Proliant page also has an online flash upgrade for the DL360
R1. I would suggest extreme caution in using this on a production
machine, especially a remote one.