Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 2000 16:33:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      rsimmons@spamcop.net
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/23672: imap-uw/cclient/pine are broken in the ports collection

>Number:         23672
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       imap-uw/cclient/pine are broken in the ports collection
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
cclient-4.8, imap-uw-4.8 and pine-4.31 have a couple of problems: First, the imap port seems to have been updated but the checksum has not.  After running make it fails the checksum and asks me if I want to do a NO_CHECKSUM. :(  Also, when the cclient installs, it does fine, but doing a pkg_delete -f it tried to delete the library from the old cclient, libc-client4.so.7, and it left the new cclient library, libc-client4.so.8 laying around my machine in /usr/local/lib.
>How-To-Repeat:
Install pine-4.21_1, cclient-4.7c, and imap-uw-4.7c.  Then make sure the ports collection is up to date.  make the new versions of these ports.  When you make the imap one you will encounter the checksum problem.  When you install the cclient then pkg_delete it you will run into the second problem.
>Fix:
Install the older versions of the ports by going into /stand/sysinstall and telling it that your machine is 4.1.1-RELEASE and grabbing the old versions of these ports and installing them.  You could also go to the ftp site and grab the old ports from there.