Date:      Wed, 25 Apr 2001 00:53:26 +0100
From:      "Vahe Khachikyan" <vahe@fh-konstanz.de>
To:        <freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Serial connection

Sorry if OT.

I've never booted the machine trough the serial port.
I just tried with my AS200. I've set the console to serial in SRM then
reboot.
I tried to connect with serial cable and some terminal prog with serial
support
and got messup on terminal .
It seems that AS box itself really outputs to console cause it outputs less
information
on Graphics card than earlier ( I am still able to use keyboard and see
output on graphics card)

But on serial console I get some messup. What is wrong?
BTW
I've checked cable on NT box with two serial ports and that same terminal
prog
writing on one terminal echoes it to other one and vice-versa.

Thanks in advance
--
Vahe
---