Date:      Sun, 3 May 1998 15:04:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <ac199@hwcn.org>
To:        Brian Handy <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Xgalaga-2.0

On Sun, 3 May 1998, Brian Handy wrote:

> However, it's using autoconf, and ... I can't get it to DTRT when
> installing into the various directories.  I'm so pissed at configure right
> now I could just spit, so if somebody would like to be able to play the

You need to patch the Makefile.in file, not configure itself.  It
shouldn't actually be that hard, and, if you do it, make sure you
submit the patches to the xgalaga author (if you want, I can
review them and yell at the author to incorporate them, but I
can't promise to do it in a timely fashion).

>From looking at the Makefile.in and Makefile only, it looks like
what needs to be done is, and I could be totally wrong here,
since I'm not even going to try compiling it...

It's been a while since I've played with autoconf, so this
undoubtedly somewhat broken, but...  ;)

libsprite/Makefile.in should, I suspect, be changed in the same
fashion as Makefile.in.

13,15c13,14
< bindir = $(exec_prefix)
< libdir = $(prefix)/lib
< infodir = $(prefix)/info
---
> bindir = @bindir@
> datadir = @datadir@
23c22,26
< SOUNDDEFS = -DSOUNDSERVER=\"@prefix@/@SOUNDSERVER@\"
---
> # Depending on the purpose of this, it might need to be changed as follows???
> SOUNDDEFS = -DSOUNDSERVER=\"@exec_prefix@/@SOUNDSERVER@\"
> # NOTE that you may also need to patch SOUNDSERVER to look for its sound
> # files in something other than the current directory.  Shouldn't be too
> # hard.
30c33,34
< INSTALL = @INSTALL@
---
> INSTALL_PROGRAM = @INSTALL_PROGRAM@
> INSTALL_DATA = @INSTALL_DATA@
47,48c51,53
< 	$(INSTALL) $(TARGET) $(bindir)/$(TARGET)
< 	$(INSTALL) $(SOUNDSRV) $(prefix)/$(SOUNDSRV)
---
> 	$(INSTALL_PROGRAM) $(TARGET) $(bindir)/$(TARGET)
> 	$(INSTALL_PROGRAM) $(SOUNDSRV) $(exec_prefix)/$(SOUNDSRV)
> # WTF is "mkinstalldirs"?
51,52c56,57
< 	for i in levels/*.xgl; do $(INSTALL) $$i $(prefix)/$$i ; done
< 	for i in sounds/*.raw; do $(INSTALL) $$i $(prefix)/$$i ; done
---
> 	for i in levels/*.xgl; do $(INSTALL_DATA) $$i $(datadir)/$$i ; done
> 	for i in sounds/*.raw; do $(INSTALL_DATA) $$i $(datadir)/$$i ; done
78c83
< 	makedepend $(CFLAGS) $(SRCS)
\ No newline at end of file
---

--
This .sig is not innovative, witty, or profund.