Date:      Sun, 24 Jun 2001 14:10:45 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Two Junior Kernel Hacker tasks..

In message <20010624004826.C27083@dragon.nuxi.com> hackers@FreeBSD.ORG writes:
: On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 12:42:36PM -0600, Warner Losh wrote:
: > Please use ${MACHINE}, not ${MACHINE_ARCH}.  That way I can build
: > GENERIC for both i386 and pc98 at the same time without resorting to
: > the GENERIC98 hack I use now.
: ...
: > I'd be up for doing this, so long as I got to choose where to build
: > into :-)
: >
: > 	sys/arch/${MACHINE}/compile/FOO
: >
: > but that would start the arch bikeshed.  I'd love to just do it.
:
:
: Which is another good reason for sys/compile/${MACHINE}/FOO
: Otherwise where DOES the pc98 kernel builds happen?  Under the
: non-existant sys/pc98/ ?

sys/pc98 does exist.

Warner