Date:      Tue, 26 Jan 1999 14:48:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        randy@psg.com
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvsup build failure

In article <m1052DN-0008G4C@rip.psg.com>, Randy Bush  <randy@psg.com> wrote:
> 4.0-current as of today.
>
> i am trying to make cvsup and blooie!
>
>     new source -> compiling ../src/TreeComp.m3
>     new source -> compiling ../src/FSServer.m3
>     new source -> compiling ../src/FSServerU.m3
>     new source -> compiling ../src/Main.m3
>      -> linking cvsupd
>     /usr/lib/aout/crt0.o: file not recognized: File format not recognized
>
> is it to do with having NOAOUT in /etc/make.conf?

No, I think it's probably that you have an old a.out version of the
modula-3 port installed, but now your system is ELF.  This should
fix it:

    pkg_delete modula-3-3.6 modula-3-lib-3.6 cvsup-15.4.2

    Make sure you have up-to-date versions of the cvsup, modula-3,
    and modula-3-lib ports.

    Make sure neither OBJFORMAT, PORTOBJFORMAT, nor NOCLEANDEPENDS
    is set in your environment or in "/etc/make.conf".

    cd /usr/ports/net/cvsup
    make clean
    make install

John
  "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public."
                                                            -- H. L. Mencken