Date:      Thu, 09 Aug 2001 09:51:21 -0700
From:      David Bogen <db@bogen.org>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        www@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why is the archive of this list *never* available?

> Yes, I know there are other archives of the list, but this one is the one
> people will try first.

Is there any reason that the other achives of -stable aren't listed
along with the error message that the -stable archives are unavailable?
  Right now, unless you know ahead of time where the other -stable
archives are hosted, you reach a dead end when you try a search on
freebsd.org.  At least if the other archives were listed, people could
click over to one of those archives and continue their searches with a
minimum of fuss.

On another note, is there something we could do to get these archives on
-line again?  The question of why they are off-line remains unanswered.