Date:      Tue, 25 Sep 2007 00:58:41 +0200
From:      Matthias Fechner <idefix@fechner.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Own Install CD with custom kernel

Hello Ulrich,

* Ulrich Spoerlein <uspoerlein@gmail.com> [23-09-07 17:19]:
> I'm using a Makefile to drive our release and package building and for
> the releases I'm using an install.cfg, which gets created on the fly,
> since the names of the kernels change now and then, here is the release
> target

thx a lot for your really great answer, but I have some more short
questions. :)
Do you copy the release target to the Makefile in
/usr/src/release/Makefile or do you execute from another place?

>         rm -f ${TLR}/usr/src/release/.install.cfg
>         [...]
>         cd ${TRR}/R/ftp && find -d . | cpio --quiet -dumpl ${TFR}

hm, cannot found the variables TLR and TRR anywhere defined. Can you
please give me some more information how your buildprocess looks?

> And files/install.cfg contains the following

where should I store that file?
man release doesn't give here any information about it.

> So basically, sysinstall is intructed to not install any kernel, but
> after all distributions are extracted the following commands are run
>
> command=/bin/sh -c "cd /dist/${RELEASE}/kernels && ./install.sh GENERIC"
> system
> command=/bin/sh -c "cd /dist/${RELEASE}/kernels && ./install.sh SMP"
> system

where can you say sysinstall that it should run such commands after
the installation?

Best regards,
Matthias

Rich Cook