Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 1996 03:33:35 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
Cc:        dyson@FreeBSD.org, chat@FreeBSD.org, core@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: I ask you to respond to Linus

>From The Desk Of "Matthew N. Dodd" :

> I apologise if my perceptions of this issue are flawed or off base.

Well, it is a matter of approach . The linux people go around saying
that Linux floats and is able to jump over OSes with a single
key stroke. If we let this sort of things go on like in the past,
people will believe it ! The trick is to limit our responses if
we have to resort to long threads then the issue gets lost .

Now a bit on the TCP Latency Thread...

I noticed that linus *did not* bother posting his
OS version nor his computer configuration if you ask me he
probably just got a quick hack done to his OS and then went on
to proclaim that all past an future versions of Linux have the
same performance 8)

As for Dyson looking like a nut -- I don't think  he looked that way
to me . linus on the other hand to the keen eye sure looks like a
clown to me. Along with baby clown larry.

With respect to fending off "wild eyed crazed linux fanatics" on USENET
so far the FreeBSD community has done a good job . We just have to keep
cool 8)

BTW: Dyson, I do believe that linus is trying to tease you into anger and
I noticed that the linux clowns are not saying anything about it and
from the tone of your last posting it seems that linus has accomplish
his task.

	Regards,
	Amancio