Date:      Tue, 11 Jul 2017 15:56:04 +0200
From:      Kajetan Staszkiewicz <vegeta@tuxpowered.net>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   memory leaks in 11.0?

--nextPart2532470.jQkXWIcRJI

Hello,

I finally upgraded one of many of my routers to 11.0.

Unfortunately after running fine for a month it ran out of memory. "wired"
memory slowly grows up to allocating all memory in system when no more memory
is left for other programs. Things first get swapped and eventually die.

The router runs BIRD which has not much to do, it is for internal networks
only, pf, pfsync (currently disabled via `ifconfig pfsync0 down`), filebeat,
smokeping, ntp, nrpe and custom python cron job for sending data to Graphite.

`vmstat -z` shows constantly increasing allocation of "512" and "UMA Slabs".
Memory allocated for all pf-related things seems fine. I have graphite graps
for every `vmstat -z` and the icrease on "512" grows in similar way as "wired"
memory. "512" has 2 917 392 used objects allocated at this moment, "UMA Slabs"
is 379 006, there is 2636MiB "wired" memory.

How can I debug which part of kernel is responsible for this? I run GENERIC
kernel with ixl driver 1.7.11 from Intel, as the one in GENERIC had issues
detecting links on my x710 NIC.

I ask here, because it is a router, mostly being busy with his network cards,
routing and pf. Please direct me to a better group if you can.

I can crash this system if needed and dump memory (I hope that is possible on
GENERIC) for analysis.

--
| pozdrawiam / greetings | powered by Debian, FreeBSD and CentOS |
|  Kajetan Staszkiewicz  | jabber,email: vegeta()tuxpowered net  |