Date:      Mon, 17 Nov 97 03:33:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      stem@atom.ntgi.net (justin wells)
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   upgrade ports?

Hi, I have 2.2.2 installed and noticed that in the ports collection a lot
of the packages there won't build -- there are newer versions of the ports
out now and the file my version expects to be able to FTP doesn't exist
anymore.

How can I update my ports collection so that this will work? Or will that
cause compatibility problems? (new versions not work with 2.2.2?)

2.2.2 is otherwise working fine for me so I don't see a reason to move
to 2.2.5 just to get newer ports. I'd rather wait until I have to do that
because some application I need just won't run under 2.2.2

Thanks,

Justin