Date:      Sat, 8 Mar 2014 14:57:44 +0100
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Eduardo Morras <emorrasg@yahoo.es>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to read HTML file in FreeBSD(base system)

--+SfteS7bOf3dGlBC

On Sat, Mar 08, 2014 at 02:26:56PM +0100, Eduardo Morras wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Mar 2014 14:36:16 +0800
> by <free7by@yahoo.com> wrote:
>=20
> > Hello,
> > I use FreeBSD 10.0 RELEASE now, and I just install the base system,
> > but I add doc when I install FreeBSD, so there are some docs in my
> > system, and they are HTML files, so I want to ask that does FreeBSD
> > provide some utilities to read HTML file in terminal?
> >=20
> > You may say w3m is a good choice : )
> > I have use it before, it is a great web browser in CLI, and its use
> > experience is like vi : ) But I must install it from ports or src by
> > myself, so does FreeBSD provide some utilities in base system to
> > implement that?
>=20
> I think no one has answered your original question. No, there's no browse=
r in Base to read FreeBSD Base documentation in HTML. You must install some=
thing from ports always. If you want install w3m as pkg, pkg must be instal=
led from ports first.
>=20
No need to install pkg from ports /usr/sbin/pkg does it for you since FreeB=
SD 8.4

pkg install w3m

it will install pkg and w3m later without the need for the ports tree at al=
l.

regards,
Bapt

--+SfteS7bOf3dGlBC