Date:      Thu, 16 May 1996 18:41:10 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brandon Gillespie <brandon@tombstone.sunrem.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   PnP Modem: US Robotics

I have a pentium system with a PnP bios.  It runs Win95 on one partition
and I am working on getting FreeBSD on another.  I am having a bit of a
problem with the modem however.  It is a US Robotics Sportser internal
PnP modem.  In Win95 I managed to get it working (after frobbing my sound
card config).  Win95 reports it as being configured as:

    COM: 3
    IRQ: 5
    Address: 110
    UART: NS 16550AN

When FreeBSD boots and probes sio2 it comes up with nothing.  Could the
problem lie in the Address?  If so, what would be the appropriate
'port' in the kernel config?  Help?  :)

-Brandon Gillespie