Date:      Tue, 4 Jan 2000 14:39:22 +0100
From:      robert.schofield@philips.com
To:        <freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: NCR and SUN disk

> The internal disc is UW (40mbs), the external is 8 bit (20mbs)

Hmmm.... if  you are operating the bus UW to the external connector, th=
en you place a narrow
device on it, if this is the last (terminated) device on this segment o=
f your bus chain, you may
have neglected to terminate the upper half of the bus. Have you got a W=
 (16) -> N (8) adaptor
in place that performs this termination between the UW segment and the =
disk unit?

(I have to confess that this looks unlikley, but I have observed that a=
 2940UW and an unterminated
top byte seemed to work OK under NT 4).

Rob Schofield
--
"Not quick, but brilliant!" - quote from a (good) friend.

=