Date:      Tue, 2 Mar 1999 12:50:40 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@mail.iaces.com>
To:        dpilgrim@uswest.net (Nocturne)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: USPest [Was: Re: support for ADSL cards drivers in FreeBSD]

In a previous message, Nocturne said:

> > > Actually they'll send you a PCI version (905B-TX), but you have to
> > > ask for it directly.  USW will even send you a prepaid shipping tag
> > > for the old card if you "forgot to ask for PCI when you ordered."
> > > Ain't that swell?
> >
> > Yes, but I heard discussions of just having the ISA available because of
> > problems with the PCI card. I don't know where that went.
>
> I have the PCI card and it works quite well although I've yet to put
> it through any sort of performance test.  The ISA card didn't have a
> WOL connector or 100b capability, so I asked for the PCI version.
> There was the other minor detail: I didn't have a free ISA slot.

Yeah, that is a problem. I do have a spare PCI card in my desk.

> The only problem I ever run into was one time, after a lightning
> induced power outage, the LAN activity lights kept blinking and I
> couldn't access any internet services.  The WAN and LAN link lights
> were on, but the whole thing just wasn't being nice.  The diag tool
> said the card was working fine and a 120 cycle fixed the problem.
> Strange?

I had my 675 lock up on me once, and it turned out to be the MegaCentral.
Some timing problem caused the 675 to think it was up, but the MegaCentral
decided it was down.

--
``There is no pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is having lots
 to do and not doing it.''   - John W. Raper.