Date:      Mon, 19 Apr 1999 21:41:24 -0400
From:      Bob Badaracco <rjb@typeline.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Reading FreeBSD tar archives under Solaris 2.6...

--------------9E0E73AAE987E66C48EA94D3

I've just moved my 1/4" DDS tape drive from my old FBSD 2.0.5 box to a
another machine that's running Solaris 2.6 (Intel). I'm able to create
and read
new tar archives created on the Solaris box, however, I'm not able to
read
old tar files originally created with the same drive under FBSD.

From reading the Solaris man pages it does seem like a tape density
issue. Can
any of you tape experts give me a clue where to start?

Thanks

--------------9E0E73AAE987E66C48EA94D3

begin:vcard
n:Badaracco;Bob
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Typeline, Inc.
adr:;;668 American Legion Drive;Teaneck;NJ;07446;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:rjb@typeline.com
title:President
tel;fax:(201) 836-8337