Date:      Fri, 14 Nov 97 17:10:55 -0500
From:      Sarah Bartlett <sarah@BLaCKSMITH.com>
To:        dg@root.com
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: four-port ethernet card compatible with freebsd

Subject: Re: four-port ethernet card
> compatible with freebsd
> From: David Greenman <dg@root.com>
> Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 13:24:26 -0800
> Sender: root@implode.root.com
>
>    There shouldn't be any input errors - this is indicating that something
> is
wrong. The version of the driver in 2.1.6 doesn't support full duplex,
> but
the card will try to negotiate it in any case. If you have the machine
> connected to a switch, then this is likely the problem. You'll need to
> configure the switch port to half duplex or upgrade to the current release
> of FreeBSD (which supports full duplex operation).

Thanks for the response.  Our server is connected to a 100mb hub and not a
switch, so I don't think that's the problem. My co-worker's machine, which is
having a similar problem, is also not plugged into a switch or to another
machine directly.  Any other suggestions?  This is not something we've seen
before.

Thanks,
Sarah