Date:      Fri, 11 May 2012 12:35:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      caindie <user10508@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: linux emulation

>What about trying to update the port and submitting a PR to have it
>updated for everyone?

I think updating the port and solving my problem are separate issues.

I don't know that updating the port; linux-base or gtk2 will solve my
problem.

There may be more to my problem than just an old version of gtk2. Celtx is
built as a mozilla application and uses the mozilla/firefox source code base
to compile.

Its also possible that updating the linux gtk2 version  may - require -
updating the linux-base port because of rpm dependencies.

If linux base requires updating, I think it is reasonable to ask whether it
is still useful to base linux base on fedora. Fedora seems more and more to
be full of sound and fury - the question is what if anything does fedora
signify anymore.

I'm trying to solve a specific problem; linux base in ports needs updating
to be sure; I don't think the answer to that should revolve around my
specific need. I think the user community will better served by more of a
"big picture" look at linux emulation and freebsd - going forward.