Date:      01 Feb 96 16:44:15 EST
From:      Adrian Neville <101603.1662@compuserve.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Mach64 XF86Config file

Hi,

I'm sorry to have to ask a third question but this ATI Mach64 card is giving me
no end of problem.

I have a ATI Pro Turbo Mach64 graphics card ( 1mb ) and a svga monitor (hsync
31-50 vsync 50-90mhz) but I don't seem tobe able to get a decent X11 config
using
FreeBSD 2.05 and Xfree 3.1.1

I read in the freebsd mail archives that using the XF_Mach64 dirver was a
problem so i have tried the XF_SVGA, the only problem is that the best screen
resoulution i have got is 320x200 (ugly eh?). Things get a bit better using the
FX_VGA16 but not much.

Is anyone using the above card? Do you have a XF86Config you could mail me.

Thanks Adrian.

e-mail 101603,1662

PS Thanks to those who helped with the sio problem.