Date:      Mon, 19 Mar 2001 23:36:45 +0000 (UTC)
From:      naddy@mips.inka.de (Christian Weisgerber)
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   How serious are we about ccc?

Do we consider ccc (ports/lang/compaq-cc) just a curiosity and
squarely put the blame on ccc if something doesn't build with it,
or do we want ccc do have a modicum of usefulness?

Lest this be misunderstood, I'm merely asking an honest question.
I recently built the mawk port with ccc, which works.  Today I've
tried Ogg Vorbis.  Libtool doesn't handle building shared libraries
with ccc (which I would assume to be a configuration issue) and
the compiler dies on some of our system header files, which I
haven't examined yet.  Is there any worth in investigating these
problems?